Speech and Language Therapy Following Brain Injury
The Speech Group provides evidence-based speech and language therapy for adults and children who have sustained an acquired brain injury.
We are well-practised in working with patients who have a case management system in place, and working side-by-side with the client's interdisciplinary team, which may include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, neuropsychology and educational psychology.
1. Assessment of cognition/ language/ motor speech/ swallowing/ feeding
2. Assessment of impact of impairment on function / participation
3. Therapy to enable, rehabilitate, and maintain function
4. Access to instrumental assessments and technology
5. Access/ links to other multidisciplinary colleagues
All associate speech and language therapists at The Speech Group are supervised by lead therapist Liz Williamson. Liz encourages that all goals are evidence-based and measured and that reflective practice is nurtured throughout the supervision process.